RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Floating-point software assist (FPSWA) on Xen-ia64

To: "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Floating-point software assist (FPSWA) on Xen-ia64
From: "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:58:25 -0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 01:07:20 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How about minic how native Linux does for FPSWA instead for Xen to
handle extra FP stuff.

Somehow the FPSWA information should be passed to Domains for them to
map into their own address space.  It seems Domain0 doesn't get FPSWA
info, so will happen on DomainU.

Somehow how FPSWA info got passed to native kernel should be understood,
then Xen can also pass the info accordingly for Domains to map it.

-Fred