[Xen-ia64-devel] Interim vcpu_get_psr fix

To: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Interim vcpu_get_psr fix
From: Matt Chapman <matthewc@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:44:18 +1100
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:44:11 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
vcpu_get_psr previously read the current value of PSR within the
hypervisor (mov =psr), which has many bits cleared compared to
the guest PSR value.  For example, it always returned a PSR
value with dfh cleared, which causes FP save/restore problems in
Linux.  This patch changes it to use the IPSR instead of the
current PSR value.

(I'm working on a more general patch to provide better PSR
virtualisation - by tracking the virtual PSR in vpsr and merging
only certain IPSR bits - but in the meantime this patch addresses
the most serious bug.)

Matt