[Xen-ia64-devel] RE: OK, now domU can boot on tip. ;-)

To: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: OK, now domU can boot on tip. ;-)
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 13:58:16 -0800
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:58:14 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> People can start to try now, in case anything is missing there. ;-)

Anybody else successfully create a domU?

I am able to create a domU and start the boot process.  The
root disk gets mounted and I get "Freeing unused kernel memory",
but then nothing else (from domU).

I do see a number of dom0(?) translate_domain_pte bad mpa messages
which appear to have the special grant table address bit flag on.  The
last of these message comes just after "Freeing unused kernel memory"
which may or may not be related.  (The first few of these seem
to be harmless.)

I used "xm destroy" (which now at least turns it into a zombie
state though I don't think we have implemented the code to
reclaim the memory), and another "xm create" with the same
result.  Output attached.