[Xen-ia64-devel] Progress on RHEL4, but blocked at xlilo?

To: <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Progress on RHEL4, but blocked at xlilo?
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 20:35:29 -0800
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 04:36:52 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am finally able to build and boot a 2.6.12 kernel+initrd
(no Xen) with a default installation of RHEL4.2.  I will
try to document the recipe soon.

Using the same methodology, I also built a xenlinux
kernel+initrd and for the first time tried
xlilo.efi (with vmm=).  I turned on verbose and
all of the elilo output looks good, then Xen boots,
but then panics when it tries to launch domain0.
I've checked the domain0 image with objdump and it
appears to be sane.  I also booted this domain0
image under xen using the default elilo... it
definitely loads and starts booting (though it
doesn't get very far).

I suspect an xlilo problem as I believe this is
the first time xlilo has been actually used with
all three vmm=, image=, initrd=.

If someone wants to look at this (Anthony?), I've tar'ed
and uploaded my xen, domain0, initrd and elilo.conf files to:

ftp://ftp.hpl.hp.com/pub/xen-ia64/xenrhel4.tgz

I didn't include xlilo.efi because it is the same as at
xen-ia64-unstable.hg/xen/arch/ia64/tools/elilo/xlilo.efi.

I am using xen.rhel4 as the label (typed at ELILO: prompt).

Good night!
Dan