RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Focus on non-VTI?

To: "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Focus on non-VTI?
From: "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:33:31 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 05:30:37 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) wrote:
> Using history as a guide (not HP internal information...
> I don't have any), it usually takes a few months from
> chip release to volume production of systems based on
> the chip.  If this is true, it is likely to be at least
> 9-12 months until most Itanium users have access to
> VTI systems.  Thus, we should probably focus on getting
> non-VTI features stable for Xen/ia64 3.0.
Dan,

VTI is live and healthy.  Members in this community are eager to build
product base on Xen/VTI,  members want to make sure they have Xen ready
for their products.  This is how the community contribute into this
effort.

We should revisit Xen/ia64 current implementation to make sure the
community members can benefit from it, example as VHPT for SMP support
and PMT for grant table described in the other threads.

-Fred