[Xen-ia64-devel] RE: Multiple domains up on a bit old Rev

To: "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: Multiple domains up on a bit old Rev
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:46:06 +0800
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:43:39 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx]

>Still no success for me.  I also did not reinstall everything
>from scratch, so apparently there is something in my environment
>that is different and is causing a problem.

Sorry for repeated words, but I didn't see answer from you:
- Whether did you remove include/asm-xem/linux-public, and let Makefile
to create symbolic link automatically?
- Whether did you render xen-backend.agent?

>I had forgotten yesterday to clean up xenstored so I was
>hoping that was the problem, but it didn't help.
>
>When I do "xm create -c", I get:
>
>Error: Error creating domain: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
'port1'

This error usually hides the real reason, which happens at domain
destruction after something goes wrong. To capture what on earth wrong,
you may want to check /var/xend-debug.log, and see the leading lines for
error info. To assure seeing exact info, you'd better clear the log file
first before the test.

>I don't have your .img file but I don't think that is the problem.
>(I am using the ski sda image and am able to mount it as loopback
>and view the files in it.)

I don't think it problem too.
Thanks,
Kevin

>If you recognize this error and know a fix, please let me know.
Otherwise,