Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Xen64 Release Date?

To: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Xen64 Release Date?
From: John Byrne <john.l.byrne@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:30:23 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:28:14 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) wrote:
Hi Josh --

That's kind of hard to answer for an open-source project :-)

Once we get multi-domain solid again and netif (networking
in domU) working, next steps are SMP host, SMP guest, and
migration.  Depending on how much time people have to invest,
I would hope this will all be done by the end of the year.

I was thinking we might declare a beta release once
multi-domain and networking are done and solid.  Would
you use a beta release that didn't support SMP?

Thanks,
Dan

There are some cut corners that need to be fixed, too. The boot arguments to the domU guests are hard coded. I seem to recall seeing a couple of other "FIX ME"s that need to be dealt with.

John