[Xen-ia64-devel] Removing CONFIG_VTI build flag

To: "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] Removing CONFIG_VTI build flag
From: "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:04:54 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:03:01 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dan,

In the coming weeks, we are making effort to run XenLinux as the primary
Domain0 Linux to support both DomainU and DomainVTI running
concurrently.  We are now in process of removing CONFIG_VTI build flag.

Through the process, we will summit patches to remove CONFIG_VTI
stagingly.  We may also introduce feature flags through this staging
effort.  Example as we were using separate RIDs to map HV, so we need to
introduce new feature flag as the tranistional workaround for splitting
patches though we will soon also use the single RID mapping and remove
the feature flag

-Fred