RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: [elilo-discuss] a patch to make elilo loadanoth

To: "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>, "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: [elilo-discuss] a patch to make elilo loadanother module
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:46:51 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 19:44:58 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Great!  I would be happy to try out a preliminary
version of these instructions... Last Friday, I managed
to trash one disk on my test machine and partially trash
another, both running RHEL3.2.  Rather than reinstall 3.2
and then install RHEL4 a few days later, I will just
wait and go straight to RHEL4.

Dan

P.S. Has anyone successfully run multiple domains
with a real domU disk yet?  This was my first attempt
and the result was that not only was my domU
disk partially trashed but my dom0 boot block
got trashed too.  Could have been pilot error
on my part, but -- caveat user -- clone your
disk before trying this experiment!