[Xen-ia64-devel] xen-ia64-unstable.hg now up to date. Please pull/test

To: <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] xen-ia64-unstable.hg now up to date. Please pull/test
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:24:34 -0700
Delivery-date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 15:23:28 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well, it turned out to be painful and time-consuming
(eliminating plans I had to take some vacation time,
not to mention working all Friday evening and Saturday
morning :-( but I think I finally got xen-ia64-unstable.hg
caught up with xen-unstable.hg and all the pending patches.
Please pull and verify (especially with CONFIG_VTI):

http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/xen-ia64-unstable.hg

After verification, we will try the first hg push
into the public xen-unstable.hg tree.

A couple of caveats:
1) The core team has not pushed a fix for the new
   sedf scheduler "idle" problem, nor have they rolled
   back to bvt.  If you see an apparent "freeze" early
   in the boot of domain0, you are seeing the sedf
   problem.  The best workaround for now is to put
   "sched=bvt" in the xen command line in your elilo.conf file.
2) Recent core changes changed the xenlinux API.
   If you are running xenlinux-ia64-2.6.12, make sure
   you pull the latest and rebuild**
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/xenlinux-ia64-2.6.12.hg
   The older 2.6.11 bk tree will fail with a BUG about
   ctrl_if.h (I think).  If you absolutely need 2.6.11,
   let me know and I will look into a patch for it.

** Note on rebuilding xenlinux-2.6.12: I haven't figured
out how to get a symbolic link to "stick" in hg yet.
Until I do (or fix the Makefile), if you pull a
fresh copy, you will need to:

cd xenlinux-ia64-2.6.12.hg # or whatever you name it
cd include/asm-xen
ln -s asm-ia64 asm