Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] FW: IA-64 serial driver

On 31 May 2005, at 19:30, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) wrote:

Further suggestion...

If the "--" is missing, all the args get passed to
dom0.

Seems sensible.

Then with suitable defaults for xen console,
it is backwards compatible with existing elilo.conf
files.

You get a OPT_CONSOLE_STR for the console= option so you can define that how you like. I guess for ia-64 emulators you don't need a com1= or com2= as the 'uart' driver is probably parameter-less. For real systems with an ns16550, the recent changes bring the ia-64 command line in line with how x86 has been for ages (i.e., you need to explicitly configure baud rate, data bits, stop bits and parity).

 -- Keir