RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: Rebased xen-ia64 tree with VT-i support

To: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: Rebased xen-ia64 tree with VT-i support
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 12:30:13 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 May 2005 19:29:27 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>       Just a small correction. I shouldn't mean remove any original
> content, but actually say adding protection to original definition by
> "#ifndef XEN" if xen specific version is needed, to reduce
> patch size in
> current model. :) You can check the change in staging tree.

After looking at the changes, I realize you missed an important
point, which is really a horrible hack but allows the
"sub-include" to work much better:

Put the #include <asm/xenXXX.h> at the END of the file.
Then you can #undef as necessary.  This still doesn't
solve ALL the problems, but catches most of them.

No need to make further changes now, I am happy with the
CONFIG_VTI as is.  I may want to make some more minor
syntactic changes (e.g. movement of patch code), but since that's
mostly my own personal compulsiveness, I can do it myself at
some time in the future.

So, go ahead and merge it into
xen-ia64.bkbits.net/xeno-unstable-ia64.bk.
Please make sure you merge in my latest changes (yesterday)
which are necessary to accommodate recent changes by Keir in
the main Xen source tree.  When that is done, let me know and
I will give it one final compile/run test and then get Keir
to pull it up into xen.bkbits.net/xeno-unstable.bk.

I will avoid pushing any changes to xeno-unstable-ia64.bk for
a day or two (unless some really critical bug is found) so
this is easier for you.

Thanks (and congratulations to the whole team!),
Dan