[Xen-ia64-devel] No scheduling after domU launch

To: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] No scheduling after domU launch
From: Haavard Bjerke <havard.bjerke@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 17:22:58 +0200
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:22:28 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Since pulling the latest xeno-unstable-ia64 a few days ago, scheduling seems to
stop immediately after launching domU, that is, domU continues to load, while
dom0 stops because the scheduler is never entered again. This looks like the
same problem as before, with dom0 freezing after domU launch; only, now it
seems to freeze earlier. Before, I was able to run a hypercall right after
launch. This is kind of critical, since a user-space app running in dom0 is
supposed to establish a ctrl-channel right after launch, while domU is booting.

So I'm quite stuck and wondering why it stops scheduling, and I could use some
input. So far I've found out that __enter_sceduler() is never called after domU
launch, while the routine that's supposed to call that routine,
ac_timer_softirq_action(), continues to be called. I think the
__enter_sceduler() routine should be in a heap, but I don't understand why it
would suddenly be removed from the heap..

Thanks,
Håvard