RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Compilation problems

To: "Greg Edwards" <edwardsg@xxxxxxx>, "Ricardo Staudt" <ricardost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Compilation problems
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 10:43:08 -0700
Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 May 2005 17:42:36 +0000
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I would eagerly accept an arch/ia64/Makefile patch that checks
for the presence of the linux-2.6.11 tree and, if missing,
provides a useful error message.  Ideally this should work
from the main (xeno-unstable.bk) directory and from within
the xen directory.

Even better would be code that would (perhaps after confirmation)
wget and install the linux-2.6.11 tree.  (Code from the
xenlinux part of the main xen tree may be leveragable.)

Any Makefile wizards want to volunteer? (Note that 2.6.11 will
at some point go to 2.6.12 and so on, so it would be good
if this only need be changed in one place.)