RE: [Xen-devel] test structure missing files

On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 12:16 +0100, Windows Live wrote:

> ImportError: cannot import name XendConfig
> ValueError: Cannot find kernel "/mykernel"
>
> ValueError: Cannot find kernel "/boot/vmlinuz-xenU-smp"
> AssertionError: videoram not in b
>

> which makes 4, each of these repeated a couple of times.  Some gentoo
> python devs ought be able to troubleshoot these.  If you would like
> the test build log, just say so.  From here it's purely python.

It looks to me as if the test system relies on some specific files
already existing on your test host (which I suspect must be running
Xen).

> At a glance I suspect the tests that trigger "/mykernel" &&
> "/boot/vmlinuz-xenU-smp" could be commented out or deleted IF they
> stem from requiring the source to build kernels, which does not occur
> in a xen-tools package.  gentoo makes xen for the hypervisor,
> xen-tools and of recent  xen-pvgrub which is an invocation of make
> install-stubdom. I shall call upon more python fluent gentoo devs to
> determine such states.

> In the unlikely case that the gentoo devs can't sort these python
> misfires I shall need return and prompt for further support.

It looks like the test suite is mainly testing the python xend
toolstack, which is for the most part deprecated. I'm not sure how much
effort it is worth spending either fixing up the test suite or the
toolstack. I'm afraid you will most likely find very little enthusiasm
in general for either activity.

I really wouldn't spend any more time on this if I were you. I'm sorry I
didn't notice earlier that this test suite is pretty much obsolete and
worthless.

Ian.