[Xen-devel] how hypervisor separates assembly instructions

To: Xen List <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] how hypervisor separates assembly instructions
From: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 21:13:27 +0530
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 08:44:14 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As far as my understanding goes a CPU gets Assembly instructions to work and
upon those instructions it works. These assembly instructions come
from the OS running on top of bare metal.
I have some understanding of hypercalls.
So what does a hypercall implement that it is able to separate the
different Assembly instructions
coming from different Guest OSeS or in other words how does the
hypervisor separates the Assembly instructions which should be run for
different Guest OSeS running on top of hypervisor.I want to know it
technically not theoretically.