RE: [Xen-devel] RE: Stability report GPLPV 0.11.0.308

> 1) xennet has some problem, but still why does scsiport vs. storport
make a
> difference then?

If I'm running over the end of a buffer then anything goes...

> 2) perhaps there is some new bug outside xennet and outside xenvbd
(some
> infrastructure thing: event handling, PCI, ...) and this is the real
reason.

Could be.

> > Can you have a look in your logs for anything like this? I'm curious
> > as to if we are chasing the same problem or a different one.
>
> I am not running kernel debugging so far (have played with it though).
> So I cannot say.

You only need to be running the debug version of the drivers for this to
be logged.

Also are you running with the driver verifier enabled? That can help
catch bugs and also allows you to notice memory leaks a bit better.

One other thing to try is running with the checked build of windows.
I've used the checked kernel and hal under 2003 and it picked up one
error - it basically just checks parameters etc everywhere it can to
make sure you aren't doing anything you shouldn't. I seem to remember
the checked NDIS driver threw a fit though because xen was presenting 4
CPU's but a the cpuid registers said it was a single cpu with 4 cores so
there are little things like that that can be troublesome with the
checked builds...

James