Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] old RHEL3 domu kernel download

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 09:30 +0100, Peter Ajamian wrote:

> > Agreed. Given the presence of supported by Red Hat PV drivers for
> RHEL3
> > HVM guests I would strongly recommend using those and not the
> > unsupported kernels that used to be on xenbits. If nothing else then
> the
> > fact that they haven't been updated for ~4 years (i.e. lack security
> > updates over that period) should be enough to put most people off.
>
> Fair enough, I understand that position.  Still, it would be nice to
> have the kernel above available for those who really need it, with the
> full understanding that it is no longer supported,

I've looked around internally for the RPMs which were previously
published on xen.org but I'm afraid I cannot find them anywhere.

If you really feel you cannot use the supported stuff from Red Hat then
some older XenServer versions also contained similar RPMs, which still
appear to be available:
    http://updates.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.5.0/rhel3x

Obviously these are completely unsupported in this context, either by
xen.org or the XenServer folks. These appear to have a few more fixes
(over the same rhel3x baseline) than the ones previously on xen.org but
I guess that is a good thing.

Ian.