Re: [Xen-devel] Most up to date blktap2 kernel driver

To: Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Most up to date blktap2 kernel driver
From: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 08:40:31 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 00:41:35 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2011-08-24 at 09:09 +0100, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to port the blktap2 driver to NetBSD using a pure
> user-space solution.

I was just wondering about this, is your plan to bolt a block frontend
onto the existing tapdisk2 process or are you building a thing using a
NetBSD library for doing block devices in userspace (I think you are
doing the former but either you or Christoph mentioned that library
thing at one point too).

The former plan would be awesome since it would make this work useful on
all platforms and not just NetBSD. As you've no doubt noticed the
blktap2 kernel side isn't (and won't be) in Linux upstream either.

Ian.