Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Graphics passthrough related issue

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Graphics passthrough related issue
From: Tobias Geiger <tobias.geiger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:58:45 +0200
Cc: Dushmanta Mohapatra <dushmanta.mohapatra@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:03:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Montag, 19. September 2011, 09:18:13 schrieb Dushmanta Mohapatra:
> > I have an Intel Integrated Graphics Controller.
> > I can pass through the graphics device (using boot time passthrough) and
> > the HVM DomUs boot fine and show me the log in screen.

i.e. gfx passthrough works for you.

if i understand you correctly, your problem is "only" the mouse/keyboard
passthrough.

try to not passthrough any usb-controller (i guess your internal
keyboard/mouse is internally attached to one of the pci-id's you'r passing
through)

for mouse/keyboard inside your guest try:
        1st: quick option: vnc to localhost:5900 - qemu does a horrible job,
but
its better than nothing
        2nd: try with synergy - best option, even games work with it (as long
as
you LOCK the mouse on the guest-machine with SCROLL LOCK)
        3rd: ugly but working: http://usbip.sourceforge.net ; tried it
successfuly with a mouse and other peripheral usb hardware - as long as its no
webcam or dvb-stick it may work

good luck!
Greetings
Tobias