[Xen-devel] A problem/suggestion about network ring buffer

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] A problem/suggestion about network ring buffer
From: zhefu jiang <guokeno0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 23:54:14 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 20:56:48 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

Recently some observation suggests that Xen's one-page sized ring buffer is not suitable for 10GB Networking environment. Sending packet at that high rate may cause the ring to overflow. So I'm now wondering that should we provide some mechanism in future versions of Xen to make the ring size configurable (such as passing the number of ring pages through xenbus)?

--
Best Wishes