Re: [Xen-devel] How to find out Xen live migration function call sequenc

To: Yangyang <yangyangbm@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] How to find out Xen live migration function call sequences?
From: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:17:35 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 02:24:56 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=gCkTh6QJ3/hzWzArek7UonfXHUabRT3fcS3ZH3Qlkss=; b=nxyafM0vd/DOGn7FbqfKqWa4o6D8MHInrbSTO20WvXhDbgrnIZPbpiapHvpfBhOJHE JHd52Iigi2TZmFz+vCY/AUv4r6Y8g/MQiOfi+QfXvRATBDazEt9DRAvs0KW2Cjdy0HlP RSV/HHURBiIrvI4RGCZNKbJn4R24tYdbGPBcU=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm afraid live migration simply is complicated; it requires stuff to
happen in the guest drivers, in Xen, in libxc, in libxl, in qemu, and
so on.  I had to do the exact same thing a few months ago to track
down some live migration issues.

Two things that can help:
* Using ctags / gtags to help find out where functions are defined / called
* Using a construction like the following when looking for other kinds
of things:
 $ find . -name "*.[cSh]" | xargs grep -H [searchstring]

Good luck,
 -George