[Xen-devel] Re: Patches for VGA-Passthrough XEN 4.2 unstable

Well, Hi again!

I have been trying to understand the code of the patch for ATI cards that
makes possible
to dynamically load the firmware but it is really large and my goal is to
get passthrough for my NVIDIA card
so I'm not going to use it (and I dont know how..) Im really stucked...
Do you know someone in xen-dev who is working on passthrouh actually?

Maybe I get an ATI card like Liwei (the other person who was trying to get
GTX460 working with passtru) seems like passthru for NVIDIA cards are too
much difficult, and there is no documentation to help us in any way...

Well, as I'm thinking to buy a new graphic card I have done a list that
seems to work with this feature, I post it here, maybe is usefull for some
of you. (The list is based on reports that people have sent to xen-dev)

- Nvidia officially supports only Quadro FX 3800, 4800 and 5800

- Tested adapters by AMD: Radeon 4850, Radeon 4870, FirePro V5700 and
FirePro M5800.

- User reported working adapters:

 + ATI HD4550, ATI HD5750, using the Catalyst 10-9 driver on Win7 32bit.
Radeon 4770 on Fedora 12, WinXP and Win7.
 + NVIDIA GT200 (GeForce GTX 260)
 + NVIDIA 9500 GT
 + ATI 5450 with open source drivers.
 + AMD/ATI HD6850. (Esta es de las últimas)

Well if anyone knows anything about passthru on GTX460 would be greatly
appreciated

-----
JavMV