Re: [Xen-devel] Read-only locking of Guest Memory pages

At 07:38 -0500 on 16 Jun (1308209893), Srujan Kotikela wrote:
> I have read that xen traps all the updates to page tables from guest os. How
> does this work in case of hvm and/or no EPT?
> Also isn't it true that xen maintains these page tables as read only?

If Xen is using HAP (EPT or NPT), then no; the guest pagetables are not
treated specially.  If it's using shadow pagetables, then it's mostly
true -- some pagetables are not read-only and some updates don't cause
traps, but most are and do.

Cheers,

Tim.