Re: [Xen-devel] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request - balloon_in

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:51:05PM -0400, Scott Garron wrote:
> On 06/10/2011 08:59 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> >Uh, try now
>
>      OK, got the patch/attachment this time.

Excellent. I am also changing the title of this thread since it is irrelevant to
the topic at hand.

>      I also forgot to respond to this question in my last reply:
>
> >It looks as if you are registering the ACPI SCI to 9, but there is
> >no interrupt service override to 9 - did you add that in the code
> >yourself?
>
>      I have not made any modifications to the code other than applying
> the patch that you just gave me.

OK

>      After applying the patch, I captured the serial console and put the
> output here:  (it includes the CTRL-A, Asterisk (*) output as well)
>
> http://pridelands.org/~simba/xen/hailstorm-fullserial20110610.txt

OK, we are getting somewhere.From what I see you have two interrupt overrides:

(XEN) ACPI: INT_SRC_OVR (bus 0 bus_irq 0 global_irq 2 dfl dfl)
CPI: INT_SRC_OVR (bus 0 bus_irq 0 global_irq 2 dfl dfl)

.. but the FADT has the ACPI interrupt listed as interrupt 9:

[    0.000000] source_irq is 0, global is 2 and FADT is 9

.. well, that would imply that the APIC should be edge, low, but Xen thinks
it is level.

Can you do one more thing - bootup the same kernel as baremetal? Without any Xen
and with the same options .. and also with /proc/interrupts so I can see what
native
Linux sees?

Thanks.