[Xen-devel] Re: Manual differ from source code about Unrestricted Guest

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Manual differ from source code about Unrestricted Guest
From: confucius <henanwxr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 22:01:58 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 22:02:46 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you, Ian and Tim.
But I am still blurry about Ian's explain, as follow:
"AIUI although the guest is in unpaged mode the _host_ is not and
therefore a pagetable is required from somewhere."

I konw the host is set to paging and protected mode, so the host(VMM) need a
page table itself.But identity map table is pointed by GUEST_CR3, not by
HOST_CR3. The follow is:
 xen-4.0/arch/x86/hvm/vmx/vmx.c

static void vmx_update_guest_cr(...)
{
switch ( cr )
    {
 case 0: ....
 case 2: ....
 case 3:
    if ( paging_mode_hap(v->domain) )
        {
            if ( !hvm_paging_enabled(v) )
                v->arch.hvm_vcpu.hw_cr[3] =
                    v->domain->arch.hvm_domain.params[HVM_PARAM_IDENT_PT];
            vmx_load_pdptrs(v);
        }

        __vmwrite(GUEST_CR3, v->arch.hvm_vcpu.hw_cr[3]);
        hvm_asid_flush_vcpu(v);
        break;

}

}