Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen, ustable and VGA passthrough

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen, ustable and VGA passthrough
From: Pavel Matěja <pavel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 13:28:54 +0200
Delivery-date: Sun, 22 May 2011 04:29:58 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat 21. of May 2011 17:58:19 Gennady Marchenko wrote:
> Hello again Liwei!
>
> Thanks for your patch it applied good :)
>
> With your patch I can run my ATI 5450 as primary GPU (I have no secondary
> at all) as basic VGA:
>
> Windows XP can start and show the desktop if it has no installed drivers.
> It is very big progress for me :)
>
> After I installed drivers it can't init the GPU. I think when you tries to
> install Win7 you got same - because it already have buildin drivers and
> tries to init extended display mode.

Hey,
do you have AMD VGA Passthrough patch applied?
I have HD6850 as primary VGA and I was able to install Windows XP and 7 with
AMD drivers without problem. I just was not able to see early parts of boot.
This patch breaks boot of the virtual system completely.
--
Pavel Mateja