[Xen-devel] Ideas for PV on SeaBIOS

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, seabios@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Ideas for PV on SeaBIOS
From: Daniel Castro <evil.dani@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 14:33:52 +0900
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 May 2011 22:34:37 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=iCRJMZ7tFjODWKiqJ7SoJw6UO/Xbx3e3idcAxdHXN2A=; b=Dw7crYPkRSqk4q9lj8TLm/GdhZx5Annt7cf+BMXLTPJd8iA9T9Y+l6+jIjSKA/bXB7 parrap+2cfqykFaT66dv6vcz9palSHdAlHhFw2C1bCKndSjzyQCp4VKImi+FJlJz3ExF UySLQFFOc8gBVY2jUMIs+QHynV3EXIGLQuf/w=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good Day,

In order to give PV Drivers to SeaBIOS we will need to solve a few
problems, one is the following:
Does a booting kernel informs the BIOS that it will leave real mode
and not use it again? When the booting kernel uses CPU real mode for
the last time, how can we (Xen or SeaBIOS) know that real mode will no
longer be used, and hence BIOS calls will not be issued?
We want upon last real mode usage to leave all Xen PV information in a
clean state, this means, closing the channel and ring between the
newly created domain and the host system.

If you have any ideas please let me know.

Daniel

--