Re: [Xen-devel] A simple question of CPU emulation in Xen

在 2011-5-14,7:41,"James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 写道:

>> Hi :
>>
>>     I have a simple question on CPU emulation in Xen.
>>
>>    Currently, inside guest, we can see that the CPU information
> incluing
>> types and frequency is exactly
>> same as physical CPU. Is it possible for Xen(or qemu) to emulate a
> different
>> type of CPU. That is inside
>> guest, we see a different CPU types?
>>
>>    If it is possible, could someone elighten me where to start.
>>

> Do you want to emulate a completely different platform (eg PPC / alpha /
> Sparc) or just pretend the cpu is a slightly different flavours (eg
> running a late model Xeon CPU but emulate a P2)?

Thanks, exactly what I want.
since cpus are shared along All VMs, so In guest, youn will get lower score if
we make tests
with Xeon.  While higher score is it is pretend to be P2.
> In a lot of cases you can do the latter by changing some CPUID values in
> the DomU config to mask the CPU features so the guest thinks it is
> running on an older model.

Could i have the configuration u refer to? In hvm file?
Thanks