[Xen-devel] Proposal: vif-local

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Proposal: vif-local
From: "W. Michael Petullo" <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 12:15:43 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 May 2011 10:16:36 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For site-specific reasons, I use the network-route/vif-route scripts. I
have found that we need to maintain a few custom firewall rules in order
to make things operate in an acceptable manner. I'd like to see a place
to put such scripts and any other site-specific setup related to bringing
up a vif. Keeping this separate from vif-route is useful so that the
installed scripts may be kept unmodified.

What I have come up with is vif-local, a script that lives in
/etc/xen/scripts. I modified vif-route to call vif-local right before
it logs "Successful..."

Would it be possible to modify vif-route, vif-bridge, etc. to operate
in this manner? This has been discussed briefly on the list before,
but I had not yet seen a solution.

--
Mike

:wq