Re: [Xen-devel] Upstream QEMU not working with Xen unstable, lacks optio

To: Wei Liu <liuw@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Upstream QEMU not working with Xen unstable, lacks option definitions
From: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 11:15:07 +0100
Cc: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Anthony Perard <anthony.perard@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stefano Stabellini <Stefano.Stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 May 2011 03:15:15 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 5 May 2011, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 4:47 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> [0]: git://xenbits.xensource.com/people/aperard/qemu-dm.git
> >
> > Please check the recently updated
> > http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/QEMUUpstream -- you need to tell xl (using
> > the "device_model_version" option) that you are using the new qemu, then
> > the toolstack will use the correct options for the upstream qemu.
> >
> > Ian.
> >

> Thanks, that works, though xl is not stable enough.
>
> xl seems to use different format for configuration, and the page
> http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/PythonInXlConfig is not available. Any
> other resources for writing a xl config file?

The file format should be the same except the embedded python that is
not supported. So you should remove lines like these from the config
file:

def vmid_check(var, val):
    val = int(val)
    if val <= 0:
        raise ValueError
    return val

# Define the 'vmid' variable so that 'xm create' knows about it.
xm_vars.var('vmid',
            use="Virtual machine id. Integer greater than 0.",
            check=vmid_check)

# Check the defined variables have valid values..
xm_vars.check()