Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Comments on Xen bug 1732

>>> On 15.03.11 at 19:30, Gianni Tedesco <gianni.tedesco@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ixgbevf: eth: ixgbevf_reset: PF still resetting

And nothing interesting in Dom0's logs?

> And correspondingly no Tx or Rx traffic at all. It all seems very much
> like a lack of interrupts, but /proc/interrupts shows good numbers:
>
> 201:        146       PCI-MSI-X  eth-rx-0
> 209:        140       PCI-MSI-X  eth-tx-0
> 217:          8       PCI-MSI-X  eth:mbx

With the above, I'd guess more towards a PF <-> VF communication
problem (which I can say nothing about).

> Furthermore this used to work on xen 3.4 but fails on 4.1 so it seems to
> be a regression. One other notable change is the assignments of the
> MSI-X vectors that I see when hitting the Q debug key:
>
> On 3.4:
> (XEN) 04:10.0 - dom 1   - MSIs < 66 74 82 >
>
> On 4.1:
> (XEN) 04:10.1 - dom 0   - MSIs < 117 118 119 >

dom 1 on 3.4 vs dom 0 on 4.1? And different functions? Doesn't
look like a 1:1 comparison to me.

> Any ideas?

Not really. Despite me not thinking that the change in question
(that introduced the WARN_ON()s) has any functionality impact
(it's really only about trying to write protect certain MMIO
ranges, with the WARN_ON()s reporting that this didn't work as
expected) - did you try reverting it (and its follow-up fixes)?

Jan