[Xen-devel] Re: PCI pass-thru (Dom0 2.6.32-stable Debian, Xen 4.0) with

To: y bhanu <kernelccrazy@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: PCI pass-thru (Dom0 2.6.32-stable Debian, Xen 4.0) with 82576 6-port, SR-IOV not working.
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 14:44:15 -0500
Cc: linux-pci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:45:14 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:22:57AM -0800, y bhanu wrote:
> I am having hard time to get the SR-IOV to work on fc14/debian with xen 4.0.1.

You posted this to the wrong mailing list. It should be to xen-devel.
Also you are missing the relevant details in the subject line.
I fixed those for you.

> I am using a xen 2.6,32-stable kernel.
>
> I have enabled my kernel with all the default options needed for PCI
> passthrough and DOM0.
> When I launch a DOM-U kernel with a PF (physical function) mapped, I
> can see the eth0 device I am able to us .

OK, great. What do you mean by DOM-U? Is that HVM or PV? What does
your guest configuration file look like?

> But when But when I launch a DOM-U kernel with a VFx (virtual
> function) mapped, I can see the eth0 device but cannot use it.

Does the VF device work under Dom0? What kernel version are you using
for DomU? 2.6.32? Did you try 2.6.38-rc6 for DomU?

> I cannot ping anything and it is not usable.

Can you get a DHCP address? Do you see the DHCP requests on the
DHCP server?

> May be I am missing something pieces. Did anyone have a similar problem?
> Am I missing a kernel option / configuration option?

Do you have 'iommu=soft' on your DomU command line? Presumarily yes since
you passed in the PF and it worked.