[Xen-devel] xl vcpu-set crashes Dom0

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] xl vcpu-set crashes Dom0
From: Andre Przywara <andre.przywara@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 18:23:19 +0100
Cc: Juergen Gross <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:27:10 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

as mentioned earlier today I had some issues with patch 22934, which decreases the number of vCPUs for Dom0 in case of cpupool-numa-split. I now found that this is not directly related to this patch, as it triggers also with "xl vcpu-set". So far I tried the following combinations:
c/s 22956 on a machine with 48 physical CPUs:
not restricted dom0:
        xl vcpu-set 0 6  => crashes
        xl vcpu-set 0 47 => crashes
dom0_max_vcpus=6
        xl vcpu-set 0 5  => crashes
        xm vcpu-set 0 5  => crashes

The only message I get is:
root@dosorca:~# xm vcpu-set 0 5
(XEN) Domain 0 crashed: rebooting machine in 5 seconds.

Debugging turned out that for instance the libxl_set_vcpuonline() returns without an error, but the machine then crashes afterwards.

Can someone reproduce this? Any ideas?

Regards,
Andre.

--