[Xen-devel] Memory Sharing on HVM guests

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Memory Sharing on HVM guests
From: Lakshitha Harshan <harshan.dll@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 07:11:12 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:11:52 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am a 4th year Computer Science undergraduate of University of Colombo School of Computing. We are required to do a research project on this year. So I have submitted a research proposal on optimizing the memory page sharing on xen. It has approved and now we are required implement it.

�I'm willing to implement it on Xen hypervisor 4.0.1, based on the previous work on memory page sharing for HVM guests in Xen 4.0.1. But I could not find�sufficient�documentation on these source codes. If someone can provide me the following details on memory page sharing on HVM, it would be a great help for me.
  1. Which source files are involved in implementation of memory page sharing
  2. When the mechanism is initiated to look for sharable pages and how
  3. How the page sharing mechanism works
  4. What happens if the owner of a shared page is quitting or trying to put the shared pages on disk

Thanking you.
Harshan