[Xen-devel] x86 HPET MSI IRQs vs resume from S3

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] x86 HPET MSI IRQs vs resume from S3
From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 09:23:42 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 01:24:18 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Going through hpet_broadcast_init(), I see that hpet_setup_msi_irq()
gets called during resume, thus causing setup_irq() to be called. I'm
failing to spot the corresponding release_irq(), and hence I can't see
how this whole code path is supposed to work during resume (other
than always falling back to using legacy_hpet_event). Instead I'm
wondering whether in the resume case only msi_compose_msg()/
hpet_msi_write() should be called for each IRQ used rather than the
whole hpet_broadcast_init().

Thanks for any hints or pointers,
Jan