Re: [Xen-devel] xen 4.1.0 rc1 build problem for local CONFIG_QEMU direct

To: Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen 4.1.0 rc1 build problem for local CONFIG_QEMU directory
From: M A Young <m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 22:07:20 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:08:36 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 17 Jan 2011, Ian Jackson wrote:

M A Young writes ("[Xen-devel] xen 4.1.0 rc1 build problem for local CONFIG_QEMU
directory"):
The problem is that (in tools/Makefile) if CONFIG_QEMU is a directory
(when tested from tools) then QEMU_ROOT is set to this. Then the script
goes into the ioemu-dir directory and runs $(QEMU_ROOT)/xen-setup .
Unfortunately QEMU_ROOT is relative to tools not tools/ioemu-dir and
things break. If you hack around this by adding and extra ../ to QEMU_ROOT
it fails later because symbolic links created later on such as
ioemu-dir/i386-dm/Makefile don't work.

Thanks.  I have improved this.

Except that (as I rather suspected) your version doesn't work. If I try xen-4.1.0-rc2 and uncomment CONFIG_QEMU ?= $(XEN_ROOT)/../qemu-xen.git then (from tools/) it looks for the directory ../../qemu-xen.git (XEN_ROOT is ../ by this point), doesn't find it and tries unsuccessfully to treat it as a git repository, then gives up.

        Michael Young