Re: [Xen-devel] vscsi 2TB patches

On 01/18/2011 12:45 PM, Jan Beulich wrote:
> ack this (given the lack of a response from the
> original authors, and after looking over it again), when I noticed
> an apparent inconsistency: {READ,WRITE}_{6,10,16} are all
> un-commented now in scsiback_emulation_init(), but
> {READ,WRITE}_12 remain commented. Why
Jan,

I'm very sorry for the long delay, too many critical issues in progress
here...

Well, I did enable (lets hope) everything, the linux scsi drivers are
apparently using. I've put debug printfs into the frontend driver,
which has lead to several commands like READ16. I did real tests using 2
LSI U320 scsi controllers with multipathing and an attached Eonstor
RaidArray +  tests using the Ultrium LTO3 Autoloader + bacula.
Additionally, I enabled several other SCSI commands found
in other scsi drivers like "sr".

I don't quite understand why the original authors excluded so many
commands (thats what I state in my patch header)
and hence I included only what was needed. Excluding makes sense only
when emulation is needed but did not want to enable too much...