[Xen-devel] Freeze reminder, outstanding tools patches

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Freeze reminder, outstanding tools patches
From: Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 19:17:22 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:20:38 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As a reminder, here is the current freeze schedule:

We are here:

 |   Feature code freeze
 |
 |     Bugfixes are allowed provided they are not high-risk.
 |
 |     No new features will be committed.

This is coming up soon:

 |   Slushy code freeze
 |   after 28 Jan
 |
 |     Bugfixes are allowed but only if they either:
 |         - fix an important bug; or
 |         - are very trivial and low-risk.
 |
 |     All changes to receive a formal ack from a maintainer other than
 |     the committer.
 |
 |   Hard code freeze
 |   after 7 Feb
 |
 |     No further patches other than for release-critical bugs.
 |
 |     All changes to receive a formal ack from a maintainer other than
 |     the committer.
 |
 |   Release.
 |   planned for 14 Feb
 |
 |   In all cases, the plan is subject to modification, and to the making
 |   of freeze exceptions by the maintainers following consultation.

I'm aware of the following outstanding patches and issues for the
toolstack:

  * Kamala's virtual disk validation patch, expecting a respin
    following comments

  * Debian lenny python installation problem, currently being
    investigated with help from "tknchris" and "user virtual".

  * Newly added xl windows install tests failing (probably due
    to bug reported and fixed by Fengzhe Zhang).

  * "xl destroy <some random number>" produces too much output,
    patch from Andre Przywara outstanding.

If you have something which isn't on this list, please let me know ASAP!

Ian.