Re: [Xen-devel] Hugepage support

To: Keshav Darak <keshav_darak@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Hugepage support
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:51:54 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ashwin Vasani <vasani.ashwin@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 14:54:28 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Was there any output in the serial log? Is the Xen hypervisor still running?
> Were
> you able to use Alt-SysRq to see what hte Linux kernel was doing? Did you
> test this
> on baremetal and did it work there?
>
> I just copied the output from the DOMU terminal and yes hypervisor was still
> running. DOMU crashed when written something on hugepages from C-Code
> (attached with the previous mail) but for the same code in DOM0, terminal
> hangs up.

So Alt-SysRQ did not work then (you did test Alt-SysRq before trying to play
with
hugepages  just to see if you could pass it in, right?)

And can you invoke the Xen hypervisor help by hitting three times Ctrl-A on the
serial console?
Can you the hit '*' and send the output?

And lastly, did this work on baremetal?