RE: [Xen-devel] Win2003 got blue Screen when ballooning with serial out

To: tinnycloud <tinnycloud@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Steven Smith <Steven.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Win2003 got blue Screen when ballooning with serial out put: "Iomem mapping not permitted"
From: Paul Durrant <Paul.Durrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 08:53:08 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Keir, "james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 00:54:00 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If the frontend GPL PV storport driver is not ignoring block write failures in
crashdump mode then you are unlikely the get a good dump from the ballooned
down VM.
As for the original crash, I guess the balloon driver is just not handling the
populate hypercall failure gracefully.

  Paul