[Xen-users] CMCI exceptions happened and MCE entry state transition made

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] CMCI exceptions happened and MCE entry state transition made Xen crashed.
From: flyfan05 <flyfan05@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 15:11:20 +0800 (CST)
Delivery-date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:14:36 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,
Three days ago, the server reported lots of CMCI exceptions and Xen 3.4.2 printed hundreds of "CMCI: send CMCI to DOM0 through virq" messages to the console .  From the console output, Then I can see that Dom0 try to read the MSR_CAP regs by #GP trap in order  to log the MCA error.

I am not sure why so many CMCI happened , maybe there were some thing wrong with the hardware.  But unfortunately the server crashed at the end. The Xen BUG ON at
    mctelem_append_processing()
    ->  MCTE_TRANSITION_STATE(tep, COMMITTED, PROCESSING)
    ->  BUG_ON(MCTE_STATE(tep) !=    (MCTE_F_STATE_##old));
  The output of the console is like this:
(XEN) Xen bug on at mctelem.c : Line 437

Why the state of the entry is not correct ? Some one change that unexpected?  If any body even resolve this kind problems, Pls do me a favor.

--Van

网易163/126邮箱百分百兼容iphone ipad邮件收发

网易163/126邮箱百分百兼容iphone ipad邮件收发