[Xen-devel] Intel S3420GPLX VT-d VF question

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Intel S3420GPLX VT-d VF question
From: "Michael A. Collins" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 23:52:24 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 06:37:16 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have successfully booted xen on Fedora 14 x86_64 with iommu=force on the kernel line, I can unbind a pci device and rebind to pci-stub and see it with xm pci-list-assignable-devices. That's cool. Now I have an Intel 82576 dual-port ET Adapter that supports SR-IOV and started configuring everything to enable it's virtual functions: added pci_pt_e820_access=on to the module line that contains the vmlinuz
created igb.conf under /etc/modprobe.d with options igb max_vfs=7
added blacklist igbvf to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

I was under the impression that I should see some kind of message about MMCONFIG in xm dmesg, but there isn't anything. I do a xm dmesg | grep -i pci and it finds nothing with MMCONFIG. I guess my next question is what do I do next? How do I troubleshoot further? Below is the VT-d messages from xm dmesg:
(XEN) Intel VT-d Snoop Control supported.
(XEN) Intel VT-d DMA Passthrough not supported.
(XEN) Intel VT-d Queued Invalidation supported.
(XEN) Intel VT-d Interrupt Remapping not supported.

Does MMCONFIG have something to do with the fact the Interrupt Remapping not supported message is displayed?
Mike