[Xen-devel] Re: XEN boot hangs at ACPI: PCI Root Bridge [PCI0] (0000:00)

Ok, i have been using the hypervisor sync parameters (see output), but didn't
set the kernel debuglevel higher.

I know about the pci passthrough (of course), but my usb ports are all
onboard and i have to connect the usb ports to different domains. So if i
connect the usb controller to vdr domu, i possibly will miss the other usb
ports for other domains... so pvusb works perfectly for my
usb-to-multi-domain scenario.

Are you interested in investigating the failure on the "old" kernel with
another debug log?
I personally think it would be better to concentrate all developper
capacitys in finishing the migration to the new pvops kernels and to
complete all missing features ...  ;-)

Btw: Congratlations for the work done untill now !!

Xen may be back to stay as a virtualisation standard if kernel 2.6.38 will
be able to start as dom0 (as 2.6.37 will) and to be able to drive domUs
(missing in upcoming 2.6.37). I think that's really really (!) important for
XEN future. And: XEN 4.0.x must be as rock stable as 3.4.2 as soon as
possible... i personnally don't think about using 4.0.x for production
systems at this point...

regards
neobiker
http://www.neobiker.de/wiki