Re: [Xen-devel] OOM problems

On 11/13/2010 1:13 AM, Ian Pratt wrote:
  >  What do the guests use for storage? (e.g. "blktap2 for VHD files on
an iscsi mounted ext3 volume")

Simple sparse .img files on a local ext4 RAID volume, using "file:".
Ah, if you're using loop it may be that you're just filling memory with dirty pages. Older kernels certainly did this, not sure about newer ones.

I'd be inclined to use blktap2 in raw file mode, with "aio:".

Ian

That makes sense. tap/tap2 didn't work for me in prior releases, so I had to stick to file. It seems to work now (well, tap2:tapdisk:aio does; tap:tapdisk:aio still doesn't), so I'll switch everything over to it, and cross my fingers.

-John