[Xen-devel] Re: xen dependant on pcpu 0 ?

>>> On 13.10.10 at 17:41, Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I saw a mistake in my explanation, i didn't mean d=0, but in my case (fresh
> boot, first time domain with passthrough is started) d is not NULL and
> d->domain_id = 0
> So it seems it thinks it's still assigned to dom0 when the MSI-X gets enabled
> ?

That would be bad indeed, but would indicate a problem elsewhere.

> But this all does get triggered when the domU is started to which the domain
> is passed through, and yes it enables MSI-X (when i look at lspci or
> /proc/interrupts in the domU)
> but d->domain_id results in "0" and not in the domain id of domU.
> So if in this case the code in ( !d ) should have been run, it didn't (have
> put a printk there to be sure)

No, generally the !d case shouldn't get executed, the following
d case, however, would expect the correct domain to be used (if
it had a body implemented).

> You were right that it didn't fix my freeze problem, although the RCU
> detected CPU stall was now followed by the beginning of a trace although it
> doesn't provide much more info.
> I attached a photo of it.

Looks like an access to a not mapped (IO-?)APIC page - that code
path likely hasn't been tested so far in the pv-ops context.

Jan