Re: [Xen-devel] make serial port com2

James Harper writes ("[Xen-devel] make serial port com2"):
> Is there an easy way to make the serial port in a hvm domain as
> specified by "serial=pty" be com2 instead of com1?

I don't know of an easy way, but this can almost certainly done by
appropriate manipulation of the parameters to the device model qemu.

You can probably use
  extra="-serial pty"
or something to generate a 2nd serial port.

> In the absence of an easy way, any pointers as to where to start looking
> in the code?

If you're using xl, take a look at libxl.c:
    if (info->serial) {
        flexarray_set(dm_args, num++, "-serial");
        flexarray_set(dm_args, num++, info->serial);
    }

See also the manpage qemu.1 in the qemu-xen tree (man -l qemu.1).

Ian.