Re: [Xen-devel] Daemon on XEN

To: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Daemon on XEN
From: Carlo Maiero <zesster@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 17:09:24 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:10:05 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=2kXQlezwww53CjORABlaBDCfhjZ4/2siKeEthZ/ID0E=; b=rlyKvymipXMSpm5AaYc2oXIuZVJOD254BvUhfyJR6cehNGUyk7Xm+V/KB+4bFJJUrx vE1YXtxG/ITwYAP7oyW4rs6b7KK9XoGz2wYggiQXpdJr4Tzgb+sdKUy6yyCXiEXwNN82 pk8CNv1TgAezLqu6kDWoMB4W3Rzz1cTBr7uLs=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> I'm making a patch to watch the security of DomU.
>> i've done a patch that print to the xm dmesg the result of some interception
>> of SystemCall and Hypercall.
>> with "printk".
>> I want to send some data outside Xen in real-time, to a device or any port.
>> Which is the best way to send data
>> from the hypervision to a deamon running on Dom0?

>There are a number of programs in the tools/ directory which
>communicate directly with Xen.  It generally involves:
>* Xen setting up a page to write data into.  A ring structure with
>producer/consumer pointers is pretty standard
>* A way for dom0 to find out the page and map it
>* An event channel to wake the guest program up when there's data in the ring.
>You can look at tools/xentrace.c and xen/common/trace.c for an example.

I've looked to the files and the "definitive" standard guide to the xen Hypervision,
and i'm a bit confused.

The standard way to exchange data makes a device_channel from domX to domY.
so we have a page in the shared memory.

but I've to send messages from xend to a daemon running on the same machine (dom0).
maybe i've to start step by step, how can i set up the ring?