Re: [Xen-devel] domU and dom0 hung with Xen console interrupt binding sh

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] domU and dom0 hung with Xen console interrupt binding showing in-flight=1, (---M)
From: Bruce Edge <bruce.edge@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:25:06 -0700
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 16:26:00 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=H9B2PiY8KP78+uIz5ABMNvrwsIlhJBXfZwyI0vuRnbQ=; b=oqegRjGE2rLXYJlp7B/SWgE4R4EIjshJ6uZDFpluEK6UZf+Nfcu3pm0k+XAAY7rKU2 oQp1N9nujqqLG3YCj5KxSRRav7QOHkCetQviBKwYb9bxk7NRqI4FKDlBpHCUI1eWODWa ve4tYFE2WpOUcpZSTtAq/DMzvq9sq2c7E2Ves=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 8:48 AM, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 19/08/2010 14:42, "Bruce Edge" <bruce.edge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any more information that I can provide that would be helpful in
> diagnosing the direct cause and the appropriate fix?
> Possibly adding instrumentation or trace code to detect the trigger
> conditions?
> This is very repeatable on our target systems after a few hours of load.

You can try the attached Xen patch which should clear out the in-flight
interrupt after a short timeout. It might kick things back into action, and
is probably a fix we should have in the tree anyhow.

 -- Keir

Thanks Kier, this patch definitely works.

It's running on 2 machines under load, well past where they consistently have failed in the past.

-Bruce