Re: [Xen-devel] Patch fixing vlan handling when network-bridge script is

Miroslav Rezanina writes ("[Xen-devel] Patch fixing vlan handling when
network-bridge script is used"):
> We had problem using tagged vlans inside domU. Testing shows that
> this is caused by changing network interfaces in network-bridge
> script. Following patch should allow to use vlans in guest.

Thanks for reporting this.

This is just another way in which the network-bridge approach, of
trying to transfer all the details from one interface to another,
won't work well.

I think you would be much better served if you just used your
operating system's features (/etc/network/interfaces on Debian) to set
up the bridge and call it xenbr0, and disabled network-bridge
entirely.

Rather than apply your patch, I would prefer to change network-bridge
so that it explicitly fails when vlans are detected and tells you to
do it the other way.

Anyone else have an opinion /

Ian.